Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cleopatra and the Asp - nudity - 3d character

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
toxic_h2o polycounter lvl 8
Hello again poly count this is my second project posted on here and I am modeling this concept of cleopatra by a friend of mine (check out her work here http://mie-ther.deviantart.com/).

Right now I could use some feed back regarding anatomy. This is my first human character and I want to nail the anatomy.

Thanks for looking. :D

concept: NOT BY ME
cleopatra_and_the_asp_by_mie_ther-d394wrn.jpg

zbrush
1-2.jpg
2-4.jpg
3-1.jpg
4.jpg

- cookies for who ever comments. -

Replies

• B Fatz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man, your reference image is cool and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

It might be better to start by modeling this in a T- Pose and then posing it once you are happy with the figure of your character. This will allow you to use symmetry as well as check your character against a number simpler references.

This helped me out a lot -
    http://www.fineart.sk/photos/female/005.JPG

Obviously the body type in this image and the body type of your reference are different but it is still a good place to start.

I'm working on a female character right now (and I've made probably every mistake you can along the way) and it helped me to start by getting it lined up with ideal proportions, then making changes based on the features specific to my subject. That way you know you are at least not making any huge errors in your anatomy.

That being said what you have so far is not too bad but a step back now is going to save you endless hours of tweaking down the road.
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks alot B Fatz I appreciate the comments, I actually already made a tpose with the some proportions. After that I posed it and brought it into zbrush, i am not necessarily making a character for a game more of an anatomy exercise.

That image is great by the way thanks for that. Also good luck on your own character. :)

tpose.jpg
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guise I need help, I cant seem to figure out how the arm muscles work, I'm looking at photos and its still no good. :(

progress...

Untitled-1-4.jpg

Untitled-2-1.jpg

anatomy is hard. :(
  • Leggacy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the idea of this. Now without my being an experienced sculpter I first notice something about the head and neck mostly. the angle seems unnatural to me and maybe the head is a bit large. The last image with the butt...the cheats seem to high and near the back and the left armpit is pushed in not matching the right. Other than that this project has a lot of potential and look forward to seeing more!

Oh and one more thing, the lines on the lower back muscles are looking good but i would smooth then just a hair so it isnt so drastic.
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A Little bit more progress on my Cleopatra character. I pretty much just need to add the fine details and I will be done sculpting. Unless someone notices and major anatomy problems. Next on the list it to add the clothes. Also ignore the hair its a temporary place holder.

1-3.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg
  • bonds0097
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I feel you haven't captured the major forms of your concept.

Look how voluptuous and curvy she is in the concept. Her hips jump out at me immediately when I look at the concept but they don't stand out at all on your model.

The proportions of your character are very different from the concept, much thinner and less shapely.

I would personally go back to a much lower sub-division level and re-sculpt in order to capture the major forms of your concept.
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is this any better? Yeah I know the proportions are different because the model I was using as reference was much skinnier.
    heavy.jpg
  • bonds0097
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm confused by the six pack abs. A voluptuous woman like this shouldn't have such muscle definition there, nor should we be able to see her ribs or serratus muscles.

I think the breasts look a bit small compared to the concept.

I also think you should re-visit the face. The concept has a more angled, defined face than your model. I think you should accentuate the planes of the face a bit more, specially on the nose and jaw/chin area.
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I pushed the body to fit the concept a bit more, I also blocked in the clothes and snake. Now time to take them into zbrush.
    Thank you bonds0097 for the suggestions. I appreciate it.
    also the 6 pack was more for me to learn anatomy. I figured no one was going to see it once the clothes were on. I changed it though.
    new_clothes.jpg

new_body.jpg