Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

M200 Intervention

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
Hey again everyone, my next piece has been really tough as reference is more than scarce, if anyone has any extra ref I would more than love to have it. Here is the HP I just finished up, it's the Cheytac M200 Intervention - a .408 Cal with the longest range of any gun in the world, even further than a barrett .50. Hope you like it!

interventionhp1.jpg
interventionhp2.jpg
interventionhpd2.jpg
interventionhpd1.jpg
interventionhpd3.jpg
interventionhpd4.jpg
Ref -
ct087b.jpg

Replies

• Millenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millenia polycount sponsor
    Your edges are probably too hard; you'll want to exaggerate softness and details a bit in your high poly so that they transfer better into the low poly.
  • coldblooded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love all the attention to detail in this (right down to the weld joints on the stand, wow.)

I can't critique guns but I have to say that it's looking good to me!
  • IvanA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I too can't critique guns but what I see looks great.

How's the material coming along? The specular power map will go a long way with this.
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    Just a little preview of what has been done since I last posted, more images to come tomorrow - now it's time for sleep!
    cheytacfinished10.jpg
    @Millenia - Thanks for the tip, I took that into account when modeling and I don't think they are as hard as they may appear here, the bake came out perfectly and I was very happy with the results. But I can see in these images where they may look a little too tight

@coldblooded - Thanks so much! Now it's time to put some of your stuff up and quit being shy!

@IvanA -
    I ended up spending the most time on the spec map actually, as I am finding I think I always will when doing weapons/metals, or maybe all objects for that matter, it really helps and I fully understand it as well as gloss maps now :D - i've learned a lot (mostly about gloss maps) from this project!