Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

NAVDEEP HAYER'S PORTFOLio

Hey Guys,

Just got my site up still working on texturing the models but got some work up there, lett me know what you guys think of my site maybe thing i could add and feed back would be nice

thanks

www.navdeephayer.com

Replies

• LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    I'm a little confused here. So, I see this image of a scene on the top of the site, and there's nothing else of it, is it yours?

What do you want to be? It's not clear from your site.

Everything is unfinished, finish something.
  • Navdeep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im loading all the images for that level now would it be good to put a caption for that image
  • BenStrasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One thing that gets me is some of the images are massive, and require to be scrolled. Probably best to have them all a uniform size that fits on the screen.

Also if you are going for Environment modeler, the effects video is not really needed.
  • Navdeep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im going to upload the video for the level i did would that be a good thing to put up or no
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man.

The biggest thing is that you just need to get the site finished.

The layout is pretty simple.(in a good way) Easy enough to navigate, and you have all your images one click away from the main page..which is good.

The video section can go...You can sell yourself with nice high res images, unless your an animator. Also, its a composite video. Probably not necessary if you are looking for a game artist job.

Your 3d section needs a lot of improvement. I know you are still working on texturing the models and whatnot, but you should focus on just showing one or 2 really badass pieces instead a bunch of less than stellar work. The image on your front page...where is that? Its significantly better looking than the stuff you have in your gallery right now.

Yea, like BenStrasser said, some of your images are too large...try to make sure that a person with an average monitor can see your images without having to scroll like that.
  • Raider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raider polycounter lvl 9
    a lot of your images are way too big
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    I agree that some of the shots are way too big, and right now you only have modeled assets, you really need to show that you can texture as well, very important.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    So far as the website goes
    Id make the site load directly into the gallery.
    Make all your images around the same size and make sure they are going to fit on an average monitor with no scrolling.

So far as your work goes, Id start finishing some stuff.