Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cagiva racing bike

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Drav polycounter lvl 9
Hello Polycount. Just baked and stuck the basics on this, havent started proper texturing yet but thought Id post a few pics up anyway. Specs are 24,000 triangles, and 3 textures. For varous reasons to do with the engine the materials have to be roughly grouped together, so I have one 2048 for plastic, one 2048 for metal and one 512 for rubber. These wiil all no doubt be halved or more before export. The low poly was done in a bit of a rush as I was tight for time, so there are some iffy bits of meshflow here and there, but nothing that is noticeable with wireframe off heheh :D

Next stop metal texturing.

baketest.jpgbaketest2.jpgbakewires.jpg

Replies

• Joshflighter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    Jealous on how nice the screenshots came out!
    Odd tank shape, but over awesome! Love it!
  • Raider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raider polycounter lvl 9
    thinking if it's going to be that high poly you might want to throw some more on the outer tires, can really see the lack of poly's on them compared to the rest
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    Thats hot.
    Now if only it was a more sexy bike ;)
  • waldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks awesome! Think it would look great with some dirt or dust on it aswell, but I guess you are going for the mint condition look so. Great work!

kodde: That is a sexy bike, it is made to ride fast and die hard :D
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    The bake is nice, texture are good too, wondering how you did the carbon fiber. Only thing that bugs me is the reflective shader, the bike looks more like its sugar coated than reflective material, maybe that has something to do with the AO bake + reflection? It bugs me also that there is a bit of red paint over the seat :P
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    I'm not personally a big fan of the design of the tank part and the cover for the passanger seat (if there is one?). Either way. I tried googling the bike and I don't think your lines add up to these(image). Again, I'm not familiar with the bike. Maybe there's some version with the more straight appearance?

cagiva.jpg

I'd consider just braking up that kind of straight line you have going across the tank/passanger seat cover.
  • Drav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drav polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll take a look at all these points. Theres quite a few versions of this bike, this is supposed to be C594, but I think youre right about the angles, Ill check it out.. The reflections are temporary, but ye I agree they look slightly artificial at the mo. A good reflection occlusion map should help here.