Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook Gertmanus

Hi,

I am curently in my 2nd year of the Digital Arts & Entertainment program at Howest University. I will post most off my assignments here in order to get good constructive feedback, the occasional freework will probably also finds its way to here.

Replies

• Gertmanus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off, pictures of a gun I made in November 2010, it was the first gun I attempted to make,

Model Specifications: 3872 triangles
    Used Maps: Diffuse,Specular,Glossiness,Normal.
    Shader: Xoliul Shader(Laurens Corijn).

2duicet.jpg
    ddgfn6.jpg
    eqvyg3.jpg

Feel free, to comment on this model, if you would like to see more pictures (wire frames,diffuse,specular,glossiness or normal map) don't hesitate to ask.
  • Gertmanus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a Car I made for a school assignment back in december 2010. We had to work around a theme called London 2111, London was flooded and a meteor hit the place so there is rubble everywhere. I started of with a 1967 Ford Anglia, and gave it some modification to withstand the extreme environment in the future London, and some extra's just for the general look and feel. The car exist out of 2 models, 1 model for the car and 1 model for all the extra's Comments are really appreciated :)

Model Specification.
    - Triangle count: 27 824 (total triangle count)
    - Maps Used: 2x diffuse, 2x Normal,2x Specular,2x Glossiness,1x Self-illumination
    - Shader Used: Xoliul Shader(Laurens Corijn)

k15sp4.jpg
    6h2flw.jpg
    2vimrma.jpg
    343rdxu.jpg

If you guys or girls, want to see anymore pictures of this model feel free to ask.
  • Gertmanus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This concrete pillar is my first test with the sculpting tool Mudbox. Baked the sculpt in max. The concrete bars are just twisted cilinders. I tried to recreate a parking lot pillar that was struck by some kind of rocketlauncher or a distant explosive.

Model Specifications:
    - Triangle Count: 5720 traingles (need some more cleaning up I suppose).
    - Maps Used: Diffuse,Normal,Specular,Glossiness.
    - Shader Used: Xoliul Shader(Laurens Corijn).

5fptgi.jpg
    nyfuja.jpg
    2ebh44i.jpg
    2dbtrtt.jpg
    6z33v9.jpg

As always if anyone wants to see anymore pictures of this model just ask and I'll deliver.
  • Mister_Nice_Guy
    I have to say I love the car the most so far.

The scratches on the plow are too heavy though. Try giving the plow and the scratches/weld seams a smaller contrast difference. Looks like pure black&white atm.
  • Gertmanus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thx for the feedback :D

I also got some feedback on the models you can see here from Jeroen Maton an Environment Artist at Dice. And I tried to improve the textures of the models I have here.

First I'll let you guys see the Car again.
    - Fixed the plow, tried to make it look a bit more sober.
    - Fixed the rust in the diffuse map.
    - Made the rust come out more in the normal map.

Tell me what you think about it :D

2yklu87.png
    33e6jic.png
    2q36dj6.png
    skyek4.png
  • Gertmanus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I redid the uzi, working with the feedback I had from Jeroen Maton. Tried to make the texture look more interesting.

Redid the diffuse, Specular, Glossiness and Normal, also added some geometry to add the shoe lace.

Tell me what you think about it.

286qud5.png
    2vv4dj9.png
    23t0cae.png
    2s9pp3l.png
    13z71o6.png
  • Gertmanus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the concrete pillar I redid. I tried to make my specular a little bit more interesting, added blood, oil, and a bit of liquid on the specular. I removed the graffiti to make it more reusable. Gonna make a parking garage this summer using this kind of pillar's so any comments, or tips are really appreciated :D

149tl43.png
    fp49xt.png
    210h8gh.png
    2rlyvmf.png
  • marlfox8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoa!!! That's one of my favorite guns. Nice job looks very realistic.
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    cool work, really like the uzi, i'm only not sure about the thing wrapping around the handle