Home Unreal Engine

2 questions regarding removing the Vignette and UDK fullscreen/resolution settings

Hey guys, I have 2 things that I haven't been able to figure out in the UDK:

- Anyone know how to remove the vignette effect that is darkening the corners of the frame? I've searched everywhere but have seen no reference to it.

- Is there any way to set the UDK to launch directly in fullscreen mode at my desktop resolution? I can't see any way to control graphical settings and currently it just loads in windowed mode, if I press alt+enter to fullscreen my desktop gets screwy when I quit and return to windows (forcing me to reboot).

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    1. i think the vignette effect you are referring to is the SSAO. happens to me in some levels, depending on if im using a different computer. if im correct about it being SSAO, just go into the UDK postprocess chain and uncheck SSAO. then you'll have to compensate for some other settings to get the AO back.

2. if you are talking about the editor.. it should just launch full screen anyway. dont know why it wouldnt. if you are talking about your level.. i am not 100% sure but that may be dealt with through some of the .ini files. if you just want to test your level out you can open frontend and change the launch resolution there.. but other than that im not sure.
  • b1skit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Oniram,

1) No, I'm not talking about SSAO, SSAO controls ambient occlusion and is unrelated. I'm talking about the vignette effect, it reduces the brightness of the image in the corners compared to the image center. It is subtle, but once you notice it you will see it is there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

2) Yes, I am talking about the editor. Strange that it launches in fullscreen for you, I have used the UDK in 3 different contexts: 1) At home, making my own environments 2) At 2 different professional game studios. Every time I have used the UDK, launching the game (both editor mode and PC mode) launches in a window. I have never seen it launch in full screen mode. Does anyone know which .ini files control the graphical settings for the UDK?

Thanks!
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    ah ok. didnt really ever notice vignetting in UDK.. i was confusing it for a graphics bug ive gotten quite a bit where SSAO will just randomly appear in the bottom right/left corners of my screen. no matter where i am in the scene.
  • b1skit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weird! I've never noticed that myself. What I'm seeing is clearly intentional... I just want to be able to turn it off :)
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For the vignette effect you should check the UTPostProcess_Console PP chain and remove it for there.

the other stuff i donno.