Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first Mattepainting. The Road Concept

Hi all,
I dont know why i wanted to test if i was able to draw, hehe. Ive been practising the last 2 days. I found it the same than making textures, hehe. It was pretty easy ^^

TheRoad1200x675.jpg

Replies

• aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Looks awesome, good work to me.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Wait is this 100% painted?
  • leviatan1001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frell wrote: »
    Wait is this 100% painted?

Hehe, no no. I meant for practising, the last two days ive been painting 100%, without using photos :D
  • airage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    airage polycounter lvl 13
    Looking good so far, but you could push the composition a lot more and have a stronger focus point.
    The sky is super high in contrast where the landscape isn't. Try to have a better balance. Use the most contrast and saturation where you want the viewer to look at, for example the car. Right now the sky screams for attention.
    Also the scale seems to be rather off. It looks like the car is at about the same distance like the houses on the right and left. Which is confusing, because the house to the right is way smaller.
    You could get a lot more out of it if you concentrate more on composition, color/values and especially contrast.
    Think more about Light vs dark, soft edges vs hard edges. Especially the tree, the house to the left and the power pole are getting lost because they all have a very similar value. Having things overlapping each other is very good, but you need to be careful that they don't get lost in a dark blob.
    Don't bother with integrating Photos/textures too much. Focus more on the important things (basics) first! You can always go in later and add some detail with photos etc, but every image needs a good 'foundation'. Keep it up! :)
  • leviatan1001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you airage for your constructive comment. I have to start learning the theoretical part, not just the technical, hehe.
    btw, your work is very good, i saw your web. Congratulations, nice work!