Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

David Liskovec - Environment Artist Portfolio

Dliskovecjr
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Dliskovecjr polycounter lvl 10
Hey everyone, I haven't posted on here often but I have been a follower of the site for about a year. I just finished school and currently working on building up my portfolio, I will keep updating it with my new work in the upcoming weeks.

http://davidliskovec.carbonmade.com/

Replies

• mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The damage on the pillar stands out a bit when you see them all in the grass area below the pyramid. Like the scene though.
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toxic_h2o polycounter lvl 8
    I like your trees in the Mayan scene, how did you go about doing those?
  • 3DVlad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biggest thing you are missing: wireframes! You gotta show that stuff to show that you are keeping your models optimized. Texture sheets are also nice to show so that people know that you use your space wisely.

The Mayan scene is real nice, the thing that bothers me is in the 2nd shot the huge black shadow staring in your face on the tree. If the tree is on the foregrownd, show off its textures instead of showing a lighting mistake. Dont get me wrong I really like the lighting in the scene overall, just that particular shot. Also there is something awkward about the wires on top in those concrete blocks. Its coming out and going back in like a snake, and i dont think its supposed to do that, i think they would just stick out, even if its bent. Hope that helps. Overall its not bad, I would have liked to see more textures though. Hope that helps. =)
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    biggest draw back of carbonmade is a HR person nor a art lead, etc type folks can't right click save as and save your work to show someone, they have to remember your website to show someone. I'd find a way to get around that and also put your name website on your images..
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    biggest draw back of carbonmade is a HR person nor a art lead, etc type folks can't right click save as and save your work to show someone, they have to remember your website to show someone. I'd find a way to get around that and also put your name website on your images..

You can actually it just has to be set up in list mode rather than flipbook :)
  • Dliskovecjr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dliskovecjr polycounter lvl 10
    I have made some updates, thanks for letting me know about the flipbook setting skillmister!

I hope to polish up my two scenes soon and start on a third very soon.
  • salman_fas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grass can be taller. Right now its looking like football field