Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Unannounced Title - My works

Hi guys, it's my first serious work experience about game environments. I'm working as env. artist for a unannounced title in a unnamed indie group. And my stuff is goes here. Please criticise for to contribute.

twosidefl.jpg
onesidefl.jpg
missile3.jpg
missile2.jpg
missileh.jpg

Replies

• toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toxic_h2o polycounter lvl 8
    Could I see the ref for the rocket, it looks kinda crazy. Also I know they are only small assets but a bit more detail could really push these models. The base of the lights seems to lack detail. Great start though!

66%20Lighting%20Hire%20-%20Flood%20Light%20&%20Stand%20Hire%20Melbourne%20-%20Halogen%20DJ%20Company.jpg
  • Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    overall too hi-poly and yes, the rocket is kinda weird. Rocket looks more like a low poly model with meshsmooth on top of it...

Anyways, for most of questions that u might have here, atahanbzkrt, refer to posts on your portfolio related thread http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83133 ;)
  • AtlusZMH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could you post wires also, I have no idea where all those polygons are coming from on the floodlights.. Those could probably be trimmed down as low as 100-200 tris..

and the rocket just looks wierd.. look at some refs before you dive in!

1.jpg

I just searched for sidewinder rocket(common fighter jet ammunition as far as i know)

And even the most highly detailed one of these bad boys could be modeled with far less than 6k tris..

I cant really give any specific crits without wires though!

Good luck! and keep it up!
  • atahanbzkrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will revize models in 1-2 weeks. And about rocket... Yes, it's really weird and i'm writed wrong. It's PolyCount was 1300-1400 polys. I was writed it's unoptimized version. And about floodlights. I'm gonna detail them. Thanks, i'll keep up this topic. :)