Home Technical Talk

Maya Spherical Environments HELP :(!!!

Hi all! I am posting with anothing Maya issue. Hoping someone will be kinda enough to share their expertise XD. Anyway as I have mentioned in a previous post I am new to Maya, and I wish to know how to import a JPEG or PSD image into Maya as a file to use as an environmental image. I have been told the best way is to make a Sphere, and half it, THEN apply a file as a material onto it, however whenever I do this it ends up wrapped right around the half sphere and it shows only part of the image. How do I sort this so it doesnt do this? This may seem like a silly and obvious problem but I am only starting out so please bear with me :) Any help would be greatly appreciated :):)

P.S I also seem to have this issue where whenever I enter this website there is someone already "logged in" but whenever I click on it they are not logged in at all. like it says "Hello Cyrid" or whatever. Anyone know whats going on there? :)

PinupPixie. x

Replies

• elementrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elementrix polycounter lvl 15
    First the first question, you probably need to get your UV's layed out properly.

The second, Everyone sees that they are logged in as someone else but actually aren't, it's just a little bug that won't do any harm and I'm sure they'll fix it some time soon.