Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hibernia Bank - San Francisco

Hey all....

Just finished re-rendering this piece in Marmoset. I'm looking for crits and comments please. Thanks!

marmoset1.jpg
marmoset2.jpg
marmoset3.jpg
siding_showoff.jpg
corner_showoff.jpg
dome_showoff.jpg
hibernia_showoff.jpg

Replies

• Apophis3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Ryan great to see that you made it onto Polycount. Models really starting to come along. The one thing thats standing out right now is when I am looking at the first picture and the side picture. The lower trim that sits aginsts the ground. Where the modular peices meet I am seeing a little seam.

Although this could be how its supposed to sit I could be wrong. But to me it looks like an anomoly when normals are not facing the right direction, which will cause seams to become visiable where modular peices meet.

Other than that perhaps some more shadowing on the model right now the lighiting looks pretty flat. One of the ways to fix that is playing around with the lighting models that marmoset comes with. It has a lot of preloaded options that will emulate certain sunlight effects and other game engines which can be a usefull base to start out with other than the defualt setup it comes with.
  • 3DVlad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A few crits:

1. On those giant marble columns the tiling of the texture is too obvious and I can even see the seams where the texture doesnt match up.

2. Too Clean!!! Add some dirt at the base, and some streaks of fade from the rain... Also some fading and wear on the green roof. Basically if you look at the real thing notice all the small imperfections and try adding those to you model, it helps sell it so much. Good luck =)