Home Artists Looking For Work

[Paid] - 3D Environmental Artist

Spiral Game Studios (http://www.spiralgamestudios.com) is a brand new independent games developer. We are currently recruiting additional talent to accomplish some of our immediate deadlines.

sgs_hiring.png

You will be working alongside other passionate and assertive indie game developers and helping bring an amazing vision to life.

If you like Dinosaurs, Mechs and / or Jetpacks - you're in the right thread.

prelude_hire.png

WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
-We are currently looking for additional 3D Environmental Artists.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
-You must be familiar with both 3D Studio Max and Adobe Photohshop.
-You must be awesome at what you do.
-Comfortable with deadlines and a team-based environment.

HOW TO APPLY?
-Send your resume, sample works and anything else to:
jobs@spiralgamestudios.com
-Make sure to tell us why you are a bad ass.

Also, we encourage you check out some of our new videos from GDC 2011.

GDC 2011 GAMEPLAY VIDEO:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1W3N31YZNY[/ame]

INDIE MARCH MADNESS 2011:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7e7AHi_FFU[/ame]

Replies

• Drav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drav polycounter lvl 9
    Why are you even posting here?

Pay all the artists you ripped off
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    Who did they rip off? I haven't heard of this :/
  • Orgoth02
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orgoth02 polycounter lvl 9
    Drav wrote: »
    Why are you even posting here?

Pay all the artists you ripped off

This sounds interesting...please explain
  • Drav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drav polycounter lvl 9
    Nah its all over now and the thread was shut, so its a can of worms I dont think we should open again, but I still think its a bit a cheek advertising for more artists here after all that.
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    Well all I need to know is if it was true so that I don't go working for free or anything.
  • Sn1pe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sn1pe polycounter lvl 9
    Well I don't know about you and I really don't care anymore but it's rather unfortunate that my hard work is still not removed, not compensated/credited and is still being used to advertise recruitment posts for this project.
  • buddikaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    buddikaman polycounter lvl 18
    Hey snipe, log into Skype. I have a paid job for you if your interested.

Also, Check your PM. Thanks.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Wow. You got some balls to be posting on here Praz after that whole scuffle. Anyone who applies here, beware, this guy isn't to be trusted.
  • polygonfreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Should a moderator be involved in this thread?
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Javid / Sn1pe - We have offered to pay you both publicly as well as privately numerous amounts of times - we haven't heard a word from you.

So if you would like your compensation, we encourage you to contact us. Otherwise, the work IS in the process of being removed and re-made and the time you spent on it will have been wasted.

To anyone reading this thread, we encourage you to dive deeper into the history of "Javid Ali" aka "Sn1pe" before hiring him. He has been responsible for a number of internal game leaks, including City 17, Ivan's Secrets and Black Mesa Source to name a few.

In response to the "drama" you folk are talking about, everything has been sorted and all parties have met half way and are happy with results.
  • Sn1pe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sn1pe polycounter lvl 9
    Praz wrote: »
    @Javid / Sn1pe - We have offered to pay you both publicly as well as privately numerous amounts of times - we haven't heard a word from you.

So if you would like your compensation, we encourage you to contact us. Otherwise, the work IS in the process of being removed and re-made and the time you spent on it will have been wasted.

To anyone reading this thread, we encourage you to dive deeper into the history of "Javid Ali" aka "Sn1pe" before hiring him. He has been responsible for a number of internal game leaks, including City 17, Ivan's Secrets and Black Mesa Source to name a few.

In response to the "drama" you folk are talking about, everything has been sorted and all parties have met half way and are happy with results.

the more you post the more you make my day don't you, the so-called leak you're talking about for city 17 was an inside joke at facepunch, I still work on ivan's secrets to this day and I never had any affiliation with black mesa source.

you need to get your facts straight if you're going to use people of their free time
  • Herr-Maestro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Herr-Maestro polycounter lvl 18
    Ok I'm gonna tell you and anyone else chucking rocks at Praz and the studio the same thing I told "Vinnie" at the epic forums. Best watch what you say, and how you say it. If you're gonna act like this, take off the forum and somewhere else, no one cares about the drama and I'm personally sick of the smear campain you tweens are making this out to be. If you're over "21" then maybe its time you should act it, or go find a different sandbox to kick sand around in some sad attempt to crush someone's request for assistance mellow. Now either move on or just stfu.
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not to burst your bubble, Sn1pe, but the City 17 guys were the ones that informed me of all of that. You might want to check it out with them.

Official statement from Daniel - original creator of the poly count thread:
    "To anyone who has read the thread I created on PolyCount or the several others that have been created off of it.
    Reddit etc. Me and Spiral Games have reached a mutually beneficial solution.

Id like to also say that by no means did i intend for that thread to get out of hand like it rapidly did. Everything between Spiral Games and myself is settled."

Now let's move forward and get some sweet games made.
  • marks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    I remember hearing about artists being exploited as far back as when this game was called Incoming: Source. Not surprised in the least that this has blown up. Making recruitment posts on here so soon afterwards was ill-advised imo.
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We are still scouting for one (1) 3D Environmental Aritst.
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^Bump.

We are still scouting for one (1) 3D Weapons Artist as well as one (1) Character & Creatures Animator.

Send all applications (with resume and portfolio) to:
    jobs@spiralgamestudios.com
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some serious drama in here, thnx for heads up guys
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Any posts that do not have to do with the specific jobs being advertised here from this post on will be deleted and result in an infraction given to the author.

Discuss any sort of controversy there might be offline or elsewhere. This thread is not the place for such a topic.

This is the one and only warning.