Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fort-Bravo assets scene

Replies

• Jbird
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jbird polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah I sized them up a small bit and replaced the old image. :)
  • A_Bloke_101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your back-pack is coming along really nicely :) Love the texture and detail on the zips, but where the straps meet the bag at the top seems much to sudden, Needs a bit of stitching or a joiner? Also on the Walls, I think they are starting to look really good now but the point where they meet the ground is also a tad contrasting, I think that would be fixed by a ambient occlusion? if not just some roughing or grit where they hit. Often, where two points meet in a sandy environment like this, there is a bit of a grime/dust or sand build up and not such a harsh edge. Not amazingly important, just my two-cents on what wasn't as visually awesome as your other awesome stuff :)
  • Jbird
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jbird polycounter lvl 7
    A_Bloke_101, Thank you, yeah I think the part were the ground and walls intersect looks a bit harsh to. A little bit of AO will probably help it a bit, but to get a better effect its probably best to remake the ground plane, sculpt some deeper tracks in the sand and make the sand rise up against the wall or something like that. I'll see If I can make some time for it. Thanks for the kind words and critique bro.

Sry for not posting WIPs and stuff but I've just focused more on getting the lo-poly done. Anyways, this is how it turned out, I've been staring myself blind on this model the last two days so there might something that I've missed but all in all I'm quite happy with the result. It's on 4295 Tris. Now I'm gonna fix a little bit with the scene and maybe I'll start see If I'm gonna make another army equipment prop for the scene, kinda wanting to do a helmet or binoculars or something like that. anyhow, cheers guys! :P

backpack_lo_poly_by_jbird556-d3ep0ha.jpg

backpack_lo_poly_2_by_jbird556-d3ep0oq.jpg

backpack_lo_poly_wire_by_jbird556-d3ep116.jpg
  • Jbird
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jbird polycounter lvl 7
    Yo peeps! so I've added the backpack to the scene, changed the ground, added some AO to it and the walls and changed a bunch of other stuff as well. The part where the wall and ground intersects looks better now. I'll see what to do next, maybe i should add some stuff, talked a bit about binoculars or a helmet. I need to think about if I shall keep going on this or start working on something new... :)

fort_bravo_scene_wip15_by_jbird556-d3es33h.jpg

fort_bravo_scene_wip17_by_jbird556-d3es530.jpg

fort_bravo_scene_wip16_by_jbird556-d3es3v9.jpg