Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] - Racing Assets

So I am working on a racing game with a bunch of friends. So far I have been working on the ship and the obstacles. These are all highpoly assets, low poly and textures still to come.

The Ship!! (still a WIP any ideas, pointers would be awesome!)

ship01.jpg

ship02.jpg

ship03.jpg

Boom Baby!
mine09.jpg

Signs which will be placed in the track, the player will have to drive between the signs
blocksi.jpg

Back View
blockback.jpg

Here is the angle the ship will be at, this is an old screenshot, you can no longer see the player.

wineo.th.jpg

Replies

• Dim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dim polycounter lvl 10
    Looks really good! Maybe put a little more detail into the front and hood?
  • elitewolverine
    the nose and wings should have some panel work, hard to think that it would be one piece...and hard to work on if you had to take it on and off in one piece...

i would suggest looking at f1 or indy, to see some breakup lines, as well as fighter planes. probably fighter planes the most, since i believe these are just like those...

the t-38, f-5, f-16 are perfect skinny small planes to study for panel breakups...
  • trancerobot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    trancerobot polycounter lvl 7
    The thruster in the back looks like a flux capacitor. Good design though. There are some shading issues on the hood right in front of the cockpit - though it may just be the renderer. You might benefit from using Xoliul's viewport shader instead.
  • ShootandRun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool eleitewolverine, I will definitely look into those ships the front is a huge chunk as of now, I am going for more of a Wipeout HD kinda look:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipeout_HD

Trancerobot:
    I've been working in Maya, I've never heard of Xoliul, is it only in 3Ds Max? I'm assuming its like Mental Ray in Maya. I'm pretty noobish when it comes to rendering :P
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    shootandrun:
    Xoliul is a person. :) The shader being referenced is also available for maya. Its HLSL based so you can get a better idea of what your art will look like in game, without rendering it.
    It has more options/control than just using the advanced viewport rendering mode for maya.