Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space gun thing - wip

Replies

• Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I messed with this off and on a bit. Here's where I ended up... just goofing around...

gun01.jpg

gun02.jpg

gun03.jpg
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    Always admired your work AP, from maxforums to here :].

That brass reads extremely well. I feel the spec can be pushed a little bit more on the flat metal parts to sell the metally look, but that is just a personal preference.
  • Spitfire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im in love
    The emissive light is a really nice touch!

A little suggestion is to make the metals rust and grime a little more context based, so that you get a nice definition and overall look to the actual material.
    What i mean is to try and add scratches and rust to areas that are more likely to be affected by either. Scratches in areas that are more likely to touch other surfaces if for example dropped etc. You have some of that in there already but i think you can really get the details and shapes to pop out better if you work that a little more.

Looks great overall though, love the design.
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    This is so gorgeous! You did that concept justice :)
  • Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys - appreciate the compliments and suggestions. I tend to agree on the rust parts... something about them has been bugging me, just in some areas. Like there are little islands of rust spread around...

When I jump back into this I think I'll keep those points in mind. Much appreciated :)