Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Tekken-Paul Pheonix-orpheus85

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
orpheus85 polycounter lvl 14
Hi everyone, I will be making Paul Pheonix from Tekken. Thank you polycount for the BRAWL competition as its just in time for me and my course work. I would like to specialize in character modelling and would be also looking at anatomy study in the process of making my model.
Cheers guys.
here are some early mood board and refs for my character.
PAULREF.jpg

Biker styled outfit would look awesome on him
ref concept art images for Massive Black web site.
m2refimages.jpg

Chuck Liddell would be suitable for Paul
moodboard.jpg

By the end my character should look some what like this
ufc49_chuck_liddell_aspau.jpg

Replies

• beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    lolz. awesome last image, but I'm not sure if taking a biker with big hair, and making him into a biker with big hair really counts as a redesign of the character. I'd ask for clarity on that one if I were you.
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    I agree beta_channel here. On a side note, a bear(Kuma) related outfit could be interesting on Paul.
  • orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks beta_channel and EmAr...i also had quite a laugh painting the last image...I agree with the concern of the redesign for Paul.....its just an initial mood board to get started with.. i was thinking of changing stuff as i progress with the model as i have no cool ideas as of now..
    About the Kuma outfit...hmmm....EmAr i won't go with that coz i want to show off Pauls muscles and make him look bad ass...
    Guys just about to finish my first pass of face sculpt...with do some hairstyling for Paul on that...in accordance to that i will change his outfit...
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Nice to hear those. You don't have to make him look like a bear, I was thinking of a bear fur coat, maybe Kuma's head turned into a hood. I don't like the idea of wearing animal fur but I think Paul would be fine with that ;)

good luck :)
  • Micky Pain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, I love Paul ever since Tekken 1 and still one of my favorites.

If you want to stick to biker, why not change the era at least?
    Take it into a more Easy Rider direction, maybe add some hippie elements in the mix as well.

Anyway, looking forward to where you take this.
  • orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Same here Micky Pain, Paul was the first character that i played with when i was introduced to Tekken, then i started playing with Jin. But Paul is the best...
    Changing the era is a good option...it would be good to show him as a Ruff street kinda guy...

Am kinda trying to change his hairdo from a flattop to something similar like a punk or some old fashioned style...will be up with sketches soon.
    here is the first face sculpt pass that i have done.

chuckwithbeard.jpg
  • orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys i how do we do facial hair like i used clay tube brush and then used the RAm brush at a low intensity to pinch in the hair streaks....any handy techniques?:)
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    Standard brush...or whatever brush you prefer to get the base form. The use the Dam_standard brush (in lightbox). Use zadd and zsub to get single hairs out.
  • orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hello every1, updates...hmmmmmmmm..well i have managed to build up the face a bit more, study and build up a body sculpt...now am looking forwards for redesign images...am going to make him in a western cowboy outfit.
    Might keep his hair the same as its part of his personality or might give him a huge hat instead.....
    Beta_channel Thanks for the post..
    face.jpg
  • orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hello people, final back in Brawl..... here is an update of my character on whihc i started working yesterday, i have decided to give him a cowboy outfit..
    j2.jpg
    j1.jpg
    j3.jpg
  • orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    more updates...
    update.jpg
    quick revolver made
    updaterev.jpg