Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Mortal Kombat, CYRAX, Korgoth

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Korgoth polycounter lvl 8
First post here. Couldn't resist this challenge and decided to finally join the polycount community.

My idea is to create Cyrax as sort of a modern black guy with dreads and a yellow bubble vest or something similar. I'll sketch out a couple concepts and post them soon.

*edit: I've changed the style to a Gears of War theme.

Here's some reference to start the thread:

Cyrax_Wallpaper_by_Knife2theSky.png

Replies

• Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Gotta love Mustard! Welcome to PC. :)
  • Liquid-Grievous
    very nice. Im also making Cyrax=) cant wait to see more posts=)
  • Korgoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I've changed design ideas so many times now that I finally just stuck with one and dove in. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish this guy before the deadline but here's the first real update:

I've started to block out Cyrax's gear and armor, so I should have some updates soon. In the meantime I figured I'd post a couple of the concepts I'd previously sketched out and show a little of the process I've gone through before deciding on the current version.

The first image is the initial concepting phase, starting with what I envisioned the character design to be, followed by some silhouette variations, and the final concept. However, after I began modeling I couldn't stop looking at the bulky Gears of War-ish silhouette and picturing all the detail goodness that would come with it. So, I went back to the drawing board and fleshed out some bulky anatomy. I liked where it was going and did a quick paintover for a basic concept. I'm still tossing armor, gear, and accessory ideas around as I go, but this is where I'm at so far.

1012318_orig.jpg

6754926_orig.jpg

I'll likely try to update this concept a little more before I go into fine detailing, but for now it stays basic.
  • Korgoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Figured I'd throw in a shot of the current anatomy as well.

2149296_orig.jpg
  • Korgoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would like to add more accessories before I sculpt some high res details on him, but the deadline would punch any more additions in the face. Texturing will unfortunately take a hit as well, if I want to have any shot of finishing this.

2471910_orig.jpg
    1661075_orig.jpg
  • Korgoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's kind of irrelevant at this point, but figured I'd post a few last WIP shots before the deadline. I still plan to finish him, so I'll post updates when I have them. Anyone know if I should continue to post them here or create a new thread in the P&P section?

These are just a couple Mudbox screens before I start sculpting some details:

2831255_orig.png
    1570685_orig.png
    2645133_orig.png