Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Mortal Kombat 9, KRATOS, mjackson126

300px-Kratostop5.jpg

Hey guys,

Great idea for a contest! I plan to do Kratos from the God of War franchise. Kratos' first appearence in a fighting game was Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny for the PSP and he will be a playable character in MK9. Kratos is an exceptional warrior from Sparta. I plan to change it up and make him a warrior from the U.S. Army. It will be a GOW meets COD kind of thing.

Replies

• mjackson126
    Blocked out the head and Body. Comments and Critiques are very welcomed.

KratosHead_01.jpg

KratosBody_01.jpg
  • PixelGoat
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    This should be interesting :) blockout looking good. can definately recognize it as Kratos
  • Larkbeef
    Offline / Send Message
    Larkbeef polycounter lvl 13
    I concur with the previous speaker, really nailed Kratos. Waiting for more!
  • mjackson126
    Long time no post! Life happens and sometimes gets in the way of working. You know how it is. Anyways, Here's what I have so far. C&C very welcomed.

Kratos_013.jpg
  • kendo
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    interesting take easily recognizable still as well, very apocalypse now. I would recommend working on the trouser seams a bit more maybe have a separate subtool for the knees, the gloves could do with being a tad thicker as well.

Looking forward to seeing more.
  • NuclearWarrior
    Great idea/take on Kratos. He looks awesome already, I'm just curious though - what will his weapons be? Chainsaw type things from Gears of War?
    Nice touch with the belt buckle.
  • Straw
    Offline / Send Message
    Straw polycounter lvl 10
    Wow, you got courage, Kratos is a icon on everywhere!
    I can imagine him breaking lines alone and kicking all asses! Maybe you could change his expression a little, like, Kratos is insane, he doesn't looks that scary! Also, his legs are very skinny for his torso, and we are talking about Kratos! ;)
    But you got a great progress so far, keep doing, deadline is close! :)
  • mjackson126
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Kendo - Thanks for the critiques. The kneepads were just there as placeholders.

NuclearWarrior - Thanks man. I'm really trying to ground Kratos in realism as a realistic soldier, so he'll probably have an assortment of knives (since Kratos is all about slicing things)

Straw - Thanks. Right now his expression is more "rigger friendly", but I do plan on giving him his signature scowl. Also, I noticed that Kratos may have muscular legs, but they are still pretty slim.

Again thanks all for your comments, keep them coming!

Here is an update.

Kratos_014.jpg
  • fanaya2001
    Offline / Send Message
    fanaya2001 polycounter lvl 8
    I would recommend to watch out for the bullets are going through the pouch. I think the bullets would be better off across the chest instead of just hanging to one side due to realism; the weight can off balance him and or would easily fall off the shoulder. Other than that, looks amazing. Is he going to have the huge knife that Rambo always carried?