Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Guilty Gear, BRIDGET, SophieH

bridget.gif
My favourite cross-dressing bounty hunter armed with teddies and yo-yos :)

I'm thinking I want to make an 'evil' or at least a bastard version of him, probably with robotic parts. He's way too pleasant and naive in the game canon.

anyhoo, been looking forward to doing a contest like this for a while, and I need to test a projection painting tool I'm putting together anyway, so it's win-win really.

(and yeah, everyone is gay for bridget etc :P)

Replies

• SophieH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Concept the first:
    darkbridget1.jpg

I know it's a real mess, anatomy, perspective, everything is all shot to hell, but I don't care, it only has to remind me what it was in my head... at least thats what I told myself when I skipped fixing the sketch so I could drop some colours down.

curse you impatience >_<

anyway, I like the outfit here, but I've a few other ideas floating about in my head I want to see before I commit to one.
  • JaxisaRobot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha nice! That sure is a drastic change.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work! Red and green is cool, but I think I would try using a brighter green as an accent color, and keeping more white.
  • SophieH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas wrote: »
    Nice work! Red and green is cool, but I think I would try using a brighter green as an accent color, and keeping more white.
    I'm not set on a colour scheme yet, but you're right, the balance across that outfit is horrific. that's what I get for trying to make cool lineart before giving the slightest thought to what colour everything is ^__^;

anyhoo, new concept, went closer to the original and then pulled away in a fresh direction, liking the feel of this a lot more, and I think a yo-yo sword could be fun
    darkbridget2.jpg

hopefully I can find more time to work on this than I have the past week, been busy with actual work as well as putting together the aformentioned projection painter tool, been a headache but I got a lot done on it. no idea if it will be usable before I need it for this model though.
  • SophieH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    started roughing out a model
    bridgetrough01.jpg

Pretty happy with the feel of it so far, but there's probably some glaring flaw I'm missing in the composition, there usually is.