Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cow Slaughter Machine

copyright
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
copyright polycounter lvl 7
based around a bunch of different machines I needed to make one for a slaughter warehouse. This is going to be duplicated a lot haha.

561 polygons

1024 x diffuse

512x spec

512xx normal

pic1.png

pic2.png

Wireframe:

pic3.png

Replies

• LateWhiteRabbit
    You could save a lot of polys by reducing the number of sides on that tube going along the bottom. Right now it looks incredibly wasteful compared to the rest of your geometry.

And maybe it is something about the highlights on them, the normal maps, or the angles (or some combination of all three) but the ?blades? look spherical to me. Distorted spheres, but regardless, not flat circles. I had to look at the wireframe to tell that they were flat.
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    i would suggest saving some geo and using planes for the blades. you could just use square planes and your blades would be perfectly round
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    What is it?

Also, you're modeling rather inefficiently, and the textures are severely lacking in thought and effort. Those 4 brackets [ along the bottom need only 16 triangles apiece, that tube at the bottom needs only 8 sides 10 at most, and using horizontal cuts (no centerpoint) will save you 2 triangles on every circular shape.

Also, please rotate/mirror those 'blades' because they're super-repetetive right now.

Hm. After a quick google, I think you're making the wrong machine, too.

89636_7f1987f3ba36b0e4f5c61351e71e74e3.jpg
    This machine is used for poultry (chicken)
  • LateWhiteRabbit
    >: /
    Quiet. You aren't allowed to be anything but super happy. :poly124:

Looking at the reference that Snader posted, it also looks like the metal detail is scaled too large in the texture.
  • ENODMI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    I came here to see a cow being slaughtered. I am sad.