Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Eliza Wyatt

Hello!

I'm new here, so I'll just post a few of my old works to begin with. I've been using 3ds max as a hobby for a few years, recently began playing with mudbox as well. I like sculpting more than anything else.

Critique is always helpful, but that said, let's skip the criticism on the old stuff and pounce away at my new projects.

Cheers!
Eliza

Render05.jpg

Grayscale12.jpg

Render03.jpg

And this is Verrus, my most recent work in progress. He's meant to be a muscle study. I'm currently working on normal maps for him in mudbox.

(Forgive the text-- I put this on display on a site that doesn't see a lot of 3d reference sheets).

Verrus_FullBody.jpg

And Verrus as a simple 3ds max sculpt (4400 polys).

768x450.jpg

Replies

• ElizaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just two quick things (work, how you suck up my time).

Naga speedpaint.
    NagaSketch.jpg

A sketch, with reference:
    SittingMan.jpg

For my Verrus project, I've figured out how I want to clothe him.

A few changes have been made to the outfit-- I've taken out the artful grommets and slit the coat in back a bit instead. I recalled that 'dresses' were hellish to rig and animate. The outer belt will be a-symmetrical as well, with a large buckle.

Clothes-RD.jpg
  • ElizaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I discovered Posemaniacs!
    Posemaniacs_3-27-2011.jpg

Sixty seconds on most of these pictures (but not all). The chick... well. Um. I like chickens.

Then I started doing some life drawing, mostly at the Nintendo lunchroom, a bit on my break.
    Lifedrawing_2-28-2011.jpg

People obviously need to stop moving so much.
  • Cyrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cyrael polycounter lvl 10
    Definitely digging the library as well, nice! Your anatomy can use a lot of work, but it appears you're working on that so keep it up!
  • ElizaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Super Happy Cow -- Heh. The library was a gift for a DM I had years ago. There was a memorable scene from the game where the shadows from several lamps were thrown everywhere, so I was trying to emulate that. Unfortunately, story and great design are hard to consolidate. It's something I'll have to work on.

@Cyrael -- Thank you! I'm not great at people in motion. I don't even look at the paper for a lot of those sketches (scribbles), and I've only a split second on some of the live 'models'. I know I'm bad at gesture and mood, so it's been a focus lately.

Thank you for the comments! Knowing that other people actually take the time to make them is part of what keeps me motivated.

And today's work-- more sketches! Posemaniacs again-- 60 and 90 second sketches:
    Posemaniacs_3-30-2011.jpg

Then a bit more life drawing at my work. Nintendo employees aren't great models. Lately they've been slumped over in their chairs, their new 3ds systems in hand.

Lifedrawing_3-30-2011.jpg

And I've made a little progress on my Verrus WIP. To do: finish hair, finish belt, redo the elbow joint on the arms. The lines there aren't good for animation.
    Verrus3d_WIP_02.jpg
  • ElizaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, it's been a while, hasn't it?

Still drawing, forgetting to scan my work, more often than not. Here's the latest sketches of the last week.

Cheers!

People1.jpg
  • ElizaW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My current project: Mineana.

The character sheet and reference:
    mineana_3d_ref_wip_by_elizawyatt-d4vrlv3.jpg

A digital painting I'm working on, for the same character:
    MineanaContest.jpg

I'd love critique on the latter piece, as to anatomy. I'm having a terrible time trying to find reference pictures of heavier, strong girls.