Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Colin Stewart

Elith2
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Elith2 polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys

I'm a second year university student and we can take a placement at the end of this year so i'm looking to have a well presented website to show potential employers.

I know there isn't much work wise on there at the moment but hopefully by the end of this semester at uni that will change.

Feel free to crit away at everything from the site to the actual work, i will take all the advice i can get :)

Thanks in advance guys,

And here is the link - http://www.colin-stewart.net/

Replies

• Amadreaus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Colin - I think it's cool that you're second year and already putting your stuff out there for crit. Definitely a good start to your work. Obviously you need much more content, but that's a given. As far as the work goes, start thinking about variation in material selection and damage/grime/grunge. How you get away from the obvious CG look is by adding imperfections. I'd add scratches to metal, chips and damage to wood, etc etc etc. Also, it's really obvious that you're using some sort of base Maya software rendering here, or maybe MR. Keep learning how best to show your work. Marmoset toolbag is a great presentation tool, and the learning curve is tiny. Check it out and present in that would be my suggestion.
  • Elith2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elith2 polycounter lvl 9
    Hey thanks for the feedback man. I do actually have the Marmoset toolbag its just not something i have had much chance to play with yet, nothing really to present since i got it with my uni projects taking up all my time. I'm actually rendering in UDK so clearly i am going wrong somewhere with that if its reading like maya or MR.

Hopefully by the end of this semester i should have something better to display work wise.

Thanks again for the response :)
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    Hey man :)

I love your site, It is simple and easy to navigate :)

I am loving the hot pink :P