After some life decision butchery, here i am with a folio to get shredded : D

http://wei-sheng.net/
webbystuffz.jpg

Replies

• Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    dope-asaurus. Yeah i still stand by possibly cutting the shammy if he can't be tweaked. Also possibly highlight the dw5 shadow fellah more (bigger button) as he's got a certain level of finish which makes him stand out (same with touche turtle : D).

Also might wanna consider a 3d samurai guy button, i dig how he worked in 3d :poly142: (think a button that shows his final look would suit better, imo anyways).

Get yo applyings on man : D
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    I think it's odd that the page hangs out on the right side of my browser, but it doesn't bother me much, centered would make more sense to me. You need to change your default link color and text color so it can be read against your background like on this page http://wei-sheng.net/spell.html

The blue text is glowing in the worse way for me. I love your hand painted style and all of your pieces are pretty awesome, I love the Dial M for monkey under that you added on to the side of that monkey demon, made me laugh and experience nostalgia haha.

I think your resume needs the most work, you mentioned you worked on Blood Drive in March 2010 but didn't say until when, if to present put present, if only in that month alone then I would say just leave it. You need to add on a description of what it was specifically you did e.g.

"textured assets provided to me by modelers, created normal, specular, and diffuse maps"

Finally on your tri counts I know it's just the Maya window displaying the tri count on your images, but perhaps write them out in their own font a little larger and more noticeable, it took me a while to realize they were there at all.
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    You have great stuff there! I also agree that you should highlight "dw5 Shadow".
    Your image layout doesn´t look right, you have that girl on two squares and that samurai and shadow sharing the same space. At the first time I click on the samurai I didn´t see the shadow. Those two images looks like only one link.
    Maybe you could fit shadow on the top left and leave the botton left for that 3d girl. Than leave the middle botton only for the samurai.
    Great hand painted style by the way!
  • WillMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :) Your DW5 warmup got in my 5 available votes...

You got style and I am liking the 3d and 2d equally... I just dig it, keep on, good luck!
  • JustinPunio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gotta say I really like the painted texture look you have, guess it's in vogue...

Website design has good colours and the gallery is first on load up, but you need to centre it, it's odd with all that left sided empty space. Also 'the Spell' takes up two blocks, perhaps add another piece to the portfolio? Lastly the return button at the bottom looks too bright and incongruous with the website's design.

G'luck!
  • homes44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    always been a fan of the weisheng. liked your stuff ever since i first saw your pre domwar entry - site looks nice!
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    im going to have to agree that the right aligned site is pretty odd, but your work is awesome
  • weisheng
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weisheng polycounter lvl 9
    Well despite my rush for a folio, it seems I've become a university student ( strange how life works sometimes xD ), thanks everyone for the help and comments I appreciate them immensely

Hopefully I've addressed most of the crits in this thread

http://wei-sheng.net/index.html
    website_updates.jpg

nizza: Yeah I totes wanna get rid of that nasty shaman, I'll replace him as soon as I can, time permitting
    DDduckworth: Thanks for the in-depth crit, I think I've addressed most of the points you've brought up with a few small ones left over for when i have lots more time to fix em, thanks loads for your time ^^
    fabio brasillen: That sounded like a boss idea and it's exactly what I've done ^^ thank you for the support
    WillMac: cheers :D
    JustinPunio: Thanks! I hope I've addressed your crits ^_^
    homes44: Well I'm a homes44 fan for almost the same reasons! Keep rock'n it dude
    Mike Yevin: Thank you kind sir
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    weisheng wrote: »
    Well despite my rush for a folio, it seems I've become a university student ( strange how life works sometimes xD ), thanks everyone for the help and comments I appreciate them immensely

Hopefully I've addressed most of the crits in this thread

http://wei-sheng.net/index.html
    website_updates.jpg

nizza: Yeah I totes wanna get rid of that nasty shaman, I'll replace him as soon as I can, time permitting
    DDduckworth: Thanks for the in-depth crit, I think I've addressed most of the points you've brought up with a few small ones left over for when i have lots more time to fix em, thanks loads for your time ^^
    fabio brasillen: That sounded like a boss idea and it's exactly what I've done ^^ thank you for the support
    WillMac: cheers :D
    JustinPunio: Thanks! I hope I've addressed your crits ^_^
    homes44: Well I'm a homes44 fan for almost the same reasons! Keep rock'n it dude
    Mike Yevin: Thank you kind sir

Oh yes, tons and tons beter, this is where it's at!

Can I ask what you mean become a university student? To be honest from being a recent graduate I can say I doubt you have much to learn from a school, you are better than just about anyone I ever met in school even after graduation, you have us all beat. Perhaps this is an extra prestigious school or something but I seriously bet you'll just end up teaching them a thing or two! Of course you may just be wanting the degree under your belt which is certainly a large reason I stuck with it with my school till the end!
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    muchos better man, digs it ^^

still would opt for a 3d samurai times button on the front page and just keep the 2d pic button for the 2d section, reads better in my mind at least :3
    gotta bust out all them top secret awsome projects and throw them up too :poly142: