Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bunnymask prisoner

I don't normally post on here cause its kind of intimidating with so many talented people around here, but I think this is the 1st thing that's good enough to share with you guys and get feedback on.It's is something I've been working on for one of my classes.I've still got about 2 weeks to work on it so there's still room for improvement before it has to be turned in.

We didn't have to do a character but I ended up doing one just because before this I always baked my stuff in max.I ended up finding out that you could just bake your maps in mudbox and wanted to test that out.

The 1st thing we had to do was to draw up a concept so I came up with something like this:
concept3low.jpg
I'm not the best at drawing and I know my proportions are way off but it at least it gave me an idea of what colors I wanted to use and a general idea of what the character would look like.

In the end I ended up with something like this.
facehz.jpg
bodyfront.jpg
bodybackv.jpg

I happy with it so far. what do you guys think I can do to improve upon it??

Replies

• Sebeuroc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sebeuroc polycounter lvl 13
    Concerning anatomy, your arms and torso are quite cylinder-like. You kind of lost the muscle definition in a lot of the forms. Also the shoulder blades are kind of sagging in the model.

Concerning the outfit, the cloth sculpt in your pants could use some work. Right now they feel like they're melting.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reminds me a lot of Borderlands Psycho model

Enemies.gif
  • krisCrash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    krisCrash polycounter lvl 9
    Looks interesting! But yes, maybe you should shuffle up the design a bit like n88tr says. Shouldn't be too hard now that you have something to work on.

Anatomy and proportions need some work, yeah. I think what sticks out the most is the neck area being too long, raise the whole arm and shoulder section a bit, keeping the head where it is. In addition, the hands look awfully flat - try looking at your own hand,even if you flatten it as much as you can it will still "bump" more than this. In fact, I can recommend modelling in a more relaxed pose, a bit like those at the bottom of this page http://wiki.polycount.com/LimbTopology helps you get a more natural shape.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    I agree that going for a more natural pose is better. Everyone used to do the T pose, but these days it's more about arms out at 45*.

You get less deformation through the range of motion this way. And it looks more natural so it's just easier to judge what is off. Slightly bent knees is the same.

Your elbows are actually tweaked up in an un-natural way, so if you rig it like that you'll never get him to look proper.