Home General Discussion

Art test and nothing

I have nearly 2 years of experience in the game industry(and some years of experience in advertising and design) as a 3d Artist and was recently laid off due to a studio merge. So let the job hunt begin..

I have recently applied to this certain studio and within one day I got an reply requesting for an art test. They asked me to sign a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) first, so I signed it and sent it back. And within FIFTEEN minutes they replied back with the test document. So I gave all I've got to complete the test and sent it back. This time around, it was like casting a stone into a bottomless pit. I have heard nothing back. No confirmation of reception. No "your skill set doesn't really fit our requirement". No "we have a better candidate". No nothing. I have sent several emails in question of a simple confirmation or feedback (one sent in several days after I submitted the test, one right after the deadline they indicated for this position. To be honest I have rarely seen a deadline set for a hiring position in the industry.)STILL NOTHING. I mean from a 15-minute quick reply to no reply at all. I almost feel like I was used as a tool, or like this is some kind of scam. On the other hand, my confidence is taking a huge hit since I get the silence treatment over a junior position even after I did the test. Anyway, my ranting is over. For those who actually took the time to read my rant, I appreciate that a lot. If you feel like wasting a little more time and leave your thoughts below, you are more than welcomed to do so. :P

BTW, I'm looking forward to participate in the upcoming Dominance War VI. Good luck to all who would participate and myself included. :)