Home Unreal Engine

UDK Lights and Beauty Renders

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Incomitatum polycounter lvl 17
I have more than a few props I want to show off in my scene.

I am struggling to find any settings that really look great for my lights and my props.

I had tried doing a 3 point lighting setup (Fill and a couple of rim light with the rims not affecting the BSP ground).

I've used point lights, and omni lights... I've used them all.

What setups do YOU all use? What do you recommend?

The idea here is, when I do my much LARGER, emotional, set pieces, then I will do fog, and colored directional lights, but for now, I need something quick that will look good even when I swap models out.

Replies

• Incomitatum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is kind the direction I am going.

So, I have begun to do some layouts of a few assets. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Stairs.jpg

Dumpster.jpg

I just think the lighting/shadows on the UDK renders could be better. Somehow.

I don't really get all the settings as far as dynamic and shadows and whatnot. :| There are so many little things. Turn THIS on in the model, Turn THAT off in the light...
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you havent seen it yet this might help you out. I would recomend you investing in Marmoset Toolbag for model presentations.
    http://eat3d.com/free/rendering_presentation

As for crits i think the first example looks best. Clean and nice lit. I think however you could put the texture atlas in a separate image and make it bigger.
  • Incomitatum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for taking the time to write back, I will check out that video. Yeah, I also need to be more flexible and be willing to move the placement of the texture thumbs. Like in the Dumpster example, to the upper right.