Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Damian the Virus Lord -Viral Link (UDK)-

This character is a boss villain in the indie UDK game that I'm making with some friends called Viral Link. This is where he is at right now and these screen shots are from inside the UDK. I got him as far as I could and welcome feedback and critiques on how I can make him better.

Thxs!01.jpg

Replies

• KuriousKook
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What are the thoughts on this 3d concept? He isn't close to done and the colors are not really decided yet. Hope you all have some feed back this time around... Anythings good :)

02.jpg
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not 100% keen on the overall design, but I think it's an improvement from your previous character. While Lord Virus has a cool idea to him, your texture kinda is flooded and hard to read. Maybe it's just the lighting, but idk

I like the smooth sectional pieces of this sectional character, however, I feel like the back doesn't match the rest of the design. What is he suppose to be made of? What are those plates on his back? I definitely suggest going a different direction with his back, I just don't feel like it fits. It might get a really cool style look if you take that grey area on his stomach and replicate it elsewhere, like the creases in his elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles. Might enhance his secular style and make him look sleek yet powerful :)

Overall I like the contrast you are going between the two characters