Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Brian McClain/ electric_sandal

Kind of starting my Polycount adventure with this thread. looking for feed back on any work. Appreciate it.
You can view my site at : brianmcclainart.net

The story behind this level is an oasis where everything from the Bermuda triangle ends up.
oasis_render11.jpg
IMhongkongconcept-1.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. any constructive critique is welcome.

Replies

• electric_sandal
    New Website is up. with some new work. Please check it out. offer any feedback if you can. Thank you!

Here are a few new things

japancorner_paint-1.jpg

mothenvironment.jpg

oasis_render8.jpg
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Home is the same as 3d, remove this button.

Bermuda Oasis, most of the screenshots are overpowered by the foreground (you're too deep in the grass), but in your demo reel, the angles are nicely composed. Learn a lesson from yourself and retake these screenshots based on the demo reel angles.

2D, the environment stuff here is good. However, the ones featuring characters aren't really on the level to impress employers. I would remove them.

Info, rename this 'Resume'.

The female character pose is awkward. Arm rotated straight out, hand not gripping the sword. It's one of those rare cases where I prefer the T-pose. A whole lot of lipstick for a hooded assassin, maybe, but I'm not into the hooded assassin community. I could be wrong here.

It could be worth consolidating. Your main 2d piece is also the concept art shown in the Dust 3d piece. The planet shaders are all pretty much the same thing. I feel like you could get a single portfolio page combining the best few 3d and 2d pieces.

Your full sized images feel like thumbnails. I'd like to see bigger pictures, and don't be afraid of some construction shots, texture sheet, material breakdowns, etc.
  • electric_sandal
    Thanks for the critique. I'll try to make most of those changes. Particularly the web changes. Right now I'm getting started on the poly-count brawl challenge. So i hope that will update most of my portfolio.

Thanks again for the awesome feedback!
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    Cool stuff good luck with the job hunt.