Home Technical Talk

Region Render Script?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
leechdemon polycounter lvl 11
I'm trying to render an image out of Max 2010 that's going to be around 50,000 pixels wide. Ive done this in the past using "Region" render, breaking the image into about 15 pieces, and stitching it back together again in Photoshop. It worked, but was painful.

Is there a Maxscript or plugin of some sort that'll automate any part of this? I have no problem stitching all the pieces, but I'm having to wait for renders, choose a new region, render THAT, wait till it's done, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• nezach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In the past I've used Super Render to automate breaking renders into sectors. I haven't used it recently, but I think it worked in 2010. I never did anything close to 50K though. Might be worth a look anyhow http://www.forsolloza.com.ar/scripts/
  • leechdemon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leechdemon polycounter lvl 11
    Look up "Strips Setup Dialog" in your help files.

OH MY GOD! Where has Backburner been all my life? Strips dialog is sweet, you just say "Do it in 10 pieces", and it handles the math AND the stitching? Flipping fantastic.

I've got a "Plugin Error" (I think I'm using an older instal's version of Backburner, atm), but this looks like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!!!

P.S. - For the record, it seems to have problems rendering large Tiffs (25,000 pixels wide and greater), but Targas seem to work. Also, even despite the file type, max won't let me set up a render larger than 32,700 pixels wide. But, still; way, WAY better than the alternative.