Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Post, Night Elf

beefskewr
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
beefskewr polycounter lvl 8
I am fairly new to modeling, this is my 3rd character. Its a Night Elf, I am looking for feedback big time. Any comments would Greatly help.
nelf1.jpg
nelf4.jpg
nelf5.jpg
nelf3.jpg

Replies

• haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Your topology is pretty unconventional. There are a number of problems areas at the joints. Take a look at some "professional" wireframes to see what they're doing, and take a few minutes to throw together a quick rig and see how your mesh holds up. I think under the shoulder and between the legs will be particularly problematic.

You also might be over complicating things too much, and you've got way too many polygons for the resulting detail level. Is the goal supposed to be an in-game model? Are you going to sculpt on it? Or is it just supposed to be a high resolution polygon model that you intend to smooth and render offline?

I recommend simplifying the mesh, or even just starting over using this as a reference. It's not easy to create an attractive female face, but it's something worth spending some more time on with lots of reference.