Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Z-Brush / Mudbox

Hi all,

New to the forum and was hoping for some crits and feedback/ suggestions about a character model I'm working on for a game in Unity.

Suggestions about what can be improved about the model and things to watch out for when working up in Z- Brush or Mudbox would be helpful.

I'm guessing that if there are suggestions about the Low poly model then they should be applied to the model before I try sculpting?

The character is currently 2776 Tri's, an image of the initial concept is attached also.

Cheers for replies in advance !

For_polycount.jpg

for_poly1.jpeg

for_poly2.jpeg

for_polyCount4.jpg

for_polyCount5.jpg

Mike

Replies

• orpheus85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    orpheus85 polycounter lvl 14
    cool...the poly seems to be spaced evenly...just try to get the mesh into zbrush with very little star points or triangle face...as when the mesh is divided in zbrush it kinda gets a bit messy when sculpted over it.....get the base mesh in quads..scuplt over it in zbrush and then build the low poly over it in zbrush or maya.
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    Also the hair planes cannot be used inside zbrush.
    Another think to keep in mind is that more dense poligons (smaller ones) means more details inside zbrush.
    Due to that you will be able to put more details on the back of his neck than his pants. :)
  • Sheepshank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers guys, I've gotten rid of the Triangles on the boots and shorts,

Any idea how I can cleanly connect up the edge loops from the from of the face at the back? There are too many faces on the back of the head/ neck but I was not sure how to make then "terminate" as it were without triangles or T junctions?

Thanks for replying

Mike