Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crazyfool, Mclean and Dreamer make some art

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
nerd-fight.jpg

hey everyone :)

Me, mr mclean and Dreamer are good forum buds and wanna work up some characters together, the subject matter will be different for each of us but the end goal is the same, make something cool and hopefully level up a bit in the process. Should be interesting as we are all going in completely different directions.

The final stats

-15-20k character

-2x 2k maps with optional additional map for weapon

-Realtime Renders

-git err done!!!!

Mission Statements
- so we got a bit of focus :)

crazy - 'I wanna level up my sculpting and take the full plunge into 3ds max, as a maya user max scares me a lil, Ive worked in it quite a bit but never completed a whole character through it and its about time as its slowly taking over my workflow anyway.

Im thinking of a medieval blacksmith character thats all muscles and is asked to return back to war after many years of retirement and leaving his family once more. I wanna make him as masculine as possible, with a very natural/classic anatomy. I wanna make an epic hammer aswell that would make thor jealous.'

portfolio - http://tomparkersartdump.wordpress.com/gallery/

Mclean - 'I'm after realism on cloth and texturing for this one, I want the cloth to really sell, Im going for a bodyguard type heavily inspired by the films like Taken etc. Marmoset will be my main weapon of choice for rendering so I can focus on trying to get my real-time game art skills up. I want to back up my art with a lot of concept art as this is an area I would strongly like to improve for my portfolio also.'
portfolio - http://mcleanart.daportfolio.com/

Dreamer - 'Totally want to make something that I'll never ever ever get to make in a game dev environment. Also, I've noticed the fact that I never make characters that have any visual personality or have a high level or detail, so I will make a character that resolves both of these totally unawesome problems.

I'm going to make a 1980s Hip Hop MC. Nothing like regular day music artists, more like the old Grandmaster Flash/ Run DMC / Beastie Boys era. Big shades, Boombox, Kangol Hats, plenty of fun without having to succumb to my usual game art clich

Replies