Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

2nd Character Attempt

Okay, so this is my second attempt at a character. A bit of back and forth in 3DS Max and Zbrush then texturing in Photoshop. Google for the riddle.

All in all it took me about 9 hours, which is probably quite bad since it's just the head but I'm still learning. It's my take on The Riddler, I think after buying Arkham Asylum from Steam on the cheap, attacking teeth with my batarang made me want to model him. I tried making him bright ginger also, but it looked nasty.

As for feedback (and as it is my second attempt)...
Be Gentle.

finalrenderriddler.th.png

Replies

• Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    From what I can tell, modeling/texturing looks good, but the presentation is terrible. Maybe we could see some better shots of this model? Multiple angles, with/without texture, wiereframes, etc.

Right now it looks like it was kind of just mocked together in photoshop. The mask especially doesn't look like it's a part of the model at all.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SteveyConlan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I don't really know how to present a rendered character as I said I'm new to this.

Errm fishy? What do you mean?

side1s.th.png
    side2k.th.png
    wire.th.png
    lowpolyheaddiffusemap.th.png
    Scaled down UV.
    sculpt.th.png
    Zbrush Sculpt.
    nohat.th.png
    No Hat.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually dont think this is all to bad for a second character.

Some might disagree, but I would say leave this one and start on a new one. Imo, in the beginning, quantity is a good thing. Make sure you learn from your early mistakes and apply them to new ones. You will also find that you work much faster now. Later, you can then start to polish stuff off, but for now, focus on the essentials.

And the essentials are: understanding of anatomy and general shape.

Again, others might tell you differently
  • Razgriz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    I don't think it counts as a second character if it's just a rearrangement of the default zbrush bust. Start another character from the ground up, learn the whole workflow, do everything. Using the the built-in zbrush models can be a great way to learn the software and try things out, but you want to know how to do the process yourself before you reuse a base mesh or an already completed head.