Home Technical Talk

Maya navigation wont work in modo, halp?!

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
I just got super annoyed by the strange lag i got in Maya, so i thought. Hey, why not give modo a shot. And so i did.

The first thing i do is to turn on Maya navigation. Everything works fine, except one thing. And that is zooming with Alt + RMB. WTF? Alt + LMB and Alt + MMB works great. They rotate and pan. But the zoom won't work. If you hold Alt + LMB + MMB it zooms, and that's just retarded.

Can i change this manually somewhere?

It's 501..

Replies

• ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    Im a Modo user from Maya as well. By default it doesnt assign zooming with alt+RMB, you have to change the input. Go to system-input editor-change the viewport option to 3d and uv views:navigation-click the tab for alt button-select alt+right click and select zoom navigation.
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, great! Thx! That's stupid, why didn't they just put it there from the beginning -.-
  • EzMeow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EzMeow polycounter lvl 10
    sltrOlsson wrote: »
    The first thing i do is to turn on Maya navigation. Everything works fine, except one thing. And that is zooming with Alt + RMB. WTF? Alt + LMB and Alt + MMB works great. They rotate and pan. But the zoom won't work. If you hold Alt + LMB + MMB it zooms, and that's just retarded.

Alt + LMB and Alt + MMB is the old school zooming way of maya, RMB button has only been introduced recently (maybe since autodesk).
    So I guess this mapping in modo have been done at this time and has never been updated.
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It got to be before 7.. That's what i started with.. Well, it was a easy fix (: