Home Technical Talk

How to update UDK?

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
guangh69 polycounter lvl 13
I had downloaded UDK a weeks ago, it is a previous version. I just want to take a look at it. Today I recieved a email said a new version of UDK is available. Do I need uninstall the previous version, then download and install the new version?

Thank you very much!!!

Replies

• LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    You don't need to uninstall the UDK you currently have to install the latest version. I've actually got 4 versions installed right now...
  • guangh69
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    4 versions? Aha~``Great~```Thank you!
  • Ben Apuna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    One thing to take note of:

Once you save a package or map in a newer version of UDK you cannot go back to an older version to open or work on it.

So make sure you are not missing any project critical features before you save your maps and packages in the new version.

Or keep multiple versions of your packages and maps saved with their respective versions of UDK so you can go back to them if you need to.
  • guangh69
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ben Apuna wrote: »
    One thing to take note of:

Once you save a package or map in a newer version of UDK you cannot go back to an older version to open or work on it.

So make sure you are not missing any project critical features before you save your maps and packages in the new version.

Or keep multiple versions of your packages and maps saved with their respective versions of UDK so you can go back to them if you need to.

Thank you very much for your help!!! I'll remember.