Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Android Project: Rasta Rush

mole420
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
mole420 polycounter lvl 10
I am currently working on my finial year project for my creating computer game design course in Swansea University.
my assignment is to create a video game on my own to help showcase my skills I have developed from the course.

For the game I chose to go for a 2.5D platform game but wanted to add a twist, the twist is that you do not control the player. the player is constantly walking through the level and you must clear hazards that are in the way so he can reach the end of the level.

I am currently about 5 months into the development of this game, the majority of the game is complete at this stage. the coding is all finished apart from some minor tweaks here and there through the rest of the development.
The modelling and texturing is mostly complete, with all the main set pieces finished, only finishing touches are needed.

selection009.jpg

selection006.jpg

selection005.jpg

selection007.jpg

selection008.jpg

selection010.jpg

screenshot003vx.jpg

selection004.jpg

Below is a video of the beta stage of my game to show how it is progressing, please feel free to leave any comments, criticisms or ideas as i would really appreciate some honest opinions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGKl1BFX4bE"]YouTube Game Play Video[/ame]

Replies

• Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    cant believe nobody has commented on this yet. This is pretty sick. What are you using to make it, unity?

can you explain the game? im trying to figure it out but having a hard time. maybe if i watch it more.

id maybe put more texture and detail on the guy but other than that looks cool. are you gonna try and put it on the market?

edit: ah i get it, you clear a path. seems like it should be a little harder, ha ha.
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    this looks really fun. Looking forward to the progress!
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    im actually about to pick up an android phone here this week, first smartphone ill ever own. hows developing for it? i've debated on trying to come up with a little somethin' somethin'
  • greevar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greevar polycounter lvl 6
    That banana has too many segments. Try cutting down to 3 at the most and no more than 4 sides.
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers for the feedback guys really nice to get opinions on my game so far. Yes the game is being created in unity and i highly recomend this engine, have used several different engines and this is by far the most user friendly. At the moment the level is very basic just for testing and example purposes at the moment the puzzles will get more advanced as the levels progress. Cheers for the advice for making the fruit more low poly i will get to work on that today. And as for getting it onto the android market im looking in to this and have a chance to pitch this game next week to get it taken further so you never know could be coming to android and maybe even iphone soon.
  • mole420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin wrote: »
    im actually about to pick up an android phone here this week, first smartphone ill ever own. hows developing for it? i've debated on trying to come up with a little somethin' somethin'

Im pretty new to developing for mobile this is my first attempt, i started this project back in September with no previous knowledge of Unity 3d or Java script. this is how user friendly unity is and there scripting referencing made learning Java really easy. I have found developing for android really easy to get started on and its really surprising how much you can push onto these phones now days, definitely recommend giving it a bash if you do pick up an android device. if you need any more info just ask