Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lady-Liberty

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Justin Perreault polycounter lvl 7
I'm working on a new character, based out of a fictional near future setting. I wanted to create a guerrilla/anarchist type fighter in an urban environment on a space colony very distant form earth.

Here is the weapon for this soldier:

pistol_2048.jpg

Replies

• Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Interesting, I wish I could see more of the model, the background is extremely distracting.
  • Justin Perreault
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the sculpt of her body and gear.Lady_WIP_2048.jpg
    Lady_WIPBUST_2048.jpg
  • jackalope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jackalope polycounter lvl 11
    I like your direction but i have a thought that might help.
    for your pistol it is very reminiscent of a Glock, which in itself is not a bad thing. But your stock is fasted directly to the slide which would make a traditional pistol inoperable. I understand that this is supposed to be the future, but usually grounding what you do in things that people already know helps with believability. I would suggest you consider modeling a stock that is more along the lines of this one

glock-stock-1.gif

I think it would make your model have better credibility and believability.
    Good luck!
  • Mistry10
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mistry10 polycounter lvl 8
    hey dude !
    i finally found ur thread :P
    you got a really cool idea going on, i like the design and placement of her equipment.
    what are you planning for colours ? something vibrant i hope :)
    whats really bugging me is the projection/modeling of her lips and nose, it seems it doesnt fit with the cylindrical form of her face. btw i think i would be cool if she was wearing gloves of some kind :)
    hope to see more soon !
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not bad stuff here, but I would tone down your bump or normal map depth a little. It seems quite high right now.
  • Justin Perreault
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a beauty shots and some character sheets of her textured and sculpted. Lady_BeautyShot_2048.jpgLadyL_CharSheetnocolormanage_2048.jpgLadyL_CharSheetScuplt_2048.jpg
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Let freedom sing! lol
    Kinda feels like a lit is going on with her especially those tattoos. Maybe fade them to show they've been there for a while. Not too bad at this point, keep it up! :D