Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

T-28 Heavy Tank - WIP

martynball
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
martynball polycounter lvl 10
Heeeey, just thought id post up the tank which I'm working on for my uni course. Gotta make the highpoly and then bake normal's and AO out of it.

Nearly finished now, gotta add the details on the top of it and a few more details on the back and sides.

Currently about 11Milion triangles lmao, god knows how the M11x Alienware Notebook is running this.

t28080211.jpg

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    lookin great. :D really diggin the treads.
  • BadgerBaiter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice indeed :D
  • martynball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here are some viewport grabs. Will get some good render's when it's finished. Just got a few parts to do now. I rather like this model, but still got to make a lowpoly and bake the normals ect...

rNREf.jpg
    2jsGf.jpg
    1drII.jpg
    bk5Zy.jpg
    fallV.jpg
    98gtA.jpg
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    This is looking nice, mate. I wouldn't bother with VP displaying the HP tho, that's just way too slow. Set up a nice render and leave it at that, doesn't hamper your viewport performance like this does (switching it on and off is a pain too every time).
  • martynball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks :) And please can you tell me what VP + HP is please?

Will get a good render soon, just afew parts to finish making then it's done.
    I always leave the part's which are awkward to model till last :(
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    Couple of things jump out at me;

The end barrel piece needs a lip where it meets the long tube.
    The wheels look quite a bit too wide and the centre nut a bit small.

Looks great overall though, i wish i'd chosen a better vehicle for 1B last year...
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    ViewPort HighPoly

What xoliul means is not having as many meshsmooths in the viewport. Say you use 1 or 2 (or none) meshsmooths in the viewport, it'll still be a bit blocky but render pretty fast, and then rendering with more meshsmooths, say 4 or so. This allows you to work efficiently in the viewport, and you can occasionally press F9 to get a better look of the final result.
  • martynball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Couple of things jump out at me;

The end barrel piece needs a lip where it meets the long tube.
    The wheels look quite a bit too wide and the centre nut a bit small.

Looks great overall though, i wish i'd chosen a better vehicle for 1B last year...

Still need to do the lip where is connects to the main "barrel", thank's for pointing it out :)

And the wheel's are rather fat, but if I changed them now I would have to change a lot of other proportions and that involved remodelling some sections. And I really don't have time lol

But thanks :P
    Snader wrote: »
    ViewPort HighPoly

What xoliul means is not having as many meshsmooths in the viewport. Say you use 1 or 2 (or none) meshsmooths in the viewport, it'll still be a bit blocky but render pretty fast, and then rendering with more meshsmooths, say 4 or so. This allows you to work efficiently in the viewport, and you can occasionally press F9 to get a better look of the final result.

Ah, I get what you mean. I will do that next time as it will stop some parts from hiding when I navigate around the viewport. Thanks :)
  • martynball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are two proper renders. One a wireframe.

uhF8J.jpg
    j845t.jpg
  • Hobowrath
    Options
    Offline / Send Message