Home Technical Talk

new computer.....new problem......

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
keizza polycounter lvl 18
i just got a brand new computer with all the regular bells and shennanigans. but a problem has arised. i installed cs5. got all the new drivers and blah blah. i have a wacom intuos 3. updated drivers....however, when i paint in pshop, every 3 or 4 strokes don't recognize the sensitivity of the tablet and react as if a mouse was making the stroke. i know this is a common problem...but i fail to remember the fix.

thanks

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    just make sure you turn off all of windows tablet features, there's a thread on pc about it.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67588
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oh dude....zacD....thanks so much. did the trick. i've been on xp for years. man....all this shit is so different. it's all floaty when i move the canvas around and my brushes don't appear right when they get smaller(the ghosting effect). hmmmmmmm. perhaps i just gotta get used to. ugh.
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14
    You can turn the soft pan of in the settings.

The best new features in CS5 i thought was the quick brush size change. Hold Alt+RightMouseButton and drag in X and Y. Love it. And you can zoom more easily. Ctrl+Space+LeftMouseButton. Then their's allot of other cool stuff to, but yeah (:
  • Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does switching off the tablet features address the random pressure issue specifically? I'm having this problem too, as is my Bro, both on Win 7 64, I'm using an Intuos3, he's using an Intuos4.

I've tried rolling back the driver but I'm pretty sure it hasn't fixed it.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    turning off all the windows tablet features fixes everything.
  • Tom Ellis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    turning off all the windows tablet features fixes everything.

Cheers Zac!

I've been annoyed by all those tablet 'features' for ages (on screen keyboard etc) but I've never got round to actually switching them off, this problem however, is definitely reason to get it sorted.

Thanks again.
  • keizza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i've turned off ALL of the settings in pen and touch AND tablet pc settings. soft pan is still active for some reason. and when my brush goes under 150 px, the brush icon becomes really distorted. so far i'm making progress tho.

thanks so much for the tips guys.

sorry dudes....i thought soft pan was in windows this whole time. hahahahaha. wow, i'm dumb. got it now. thanks again for all the feedback.

cheers