Home Technical Talk

Player aligment & importing issues into quake (q3)

Hey All,

I'm new to the quake player exporting from Milkshape and i'm having some issues, perhaps someone else has had these too? I'd really love any help I can get! :\

I've been using existing full models with milkshape, specifically the free colourful guy from here http://www.3drt.com/downloads.htm resizing it (by eye comparing to imported MD3 quake model pieces sarge, as i cant find a coordinate system in milkshape!)
Then i've been splitting them into: u_torso, l_legs & h_head as with their corresponding tags: tag_weapon, tag_head & tag_torso. I have attempted to 'assign' the joints to the tags, but i don't think i've managed that, (can you check if your assigning has worked?) After this i seem to have no issues with .qc control file and exporting to MD3's.

Problems once in quake!

1) My model either doesn't touch the ground OR is through the floor!

2) My model pieces; u_torso & l_legs don't align properly showing massive gaps where i've split them and also my model is statically bent over in a ill looking way! ...i guess this is me having taged them wrongly, however I can't work out whats wrong there??

3) my animation files don't seem to export with the MD3 file, is there a secret to this? Sometimes the legs animate, but the other parts don't move.

Thanks to anyone who can help!! :poly124: