Home General Discussion

Battle Forge anyone?

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
I've been playing this game for about 4 days now and I am hooked!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170q55-kSeI&feature=fvwrel[/ame]

Replies

• sicsided
    Can you give a small rundown on how it plays? I've been looking to try it out.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, its free to play so you can try it out harm-free. Basically this fantasy RTS game is based on real life fantasy card games, You get started with nature, fire, frost and shadow type of Decks. This RTS game relies more on creating stronger forces and less on defense buildings but there are times you have to create them. You start off with creating an Orb (if you download and follow the tutorial its the first thing you'll learn) the first orb is free and it will be whatever you'll summon beside it.

For example if you summon nature creatures the orb will be green. The archers require one orb so they and one more force can be summoned from nature spec. If you find another orb builder you can capture it and create another orb for 2nd level forces which are slower but stronger then their ones who require one orb. In other words level of strength per creature varies from numbers of orbs to summon them.

You can sell your deck/cards via auction and buy new decks / cards via auctions.

again like I said. This game is free so no harm in trying it out. You can download it from EA games website.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, I have one guy willing to try it out and no one else!! o.o
  • Rai
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    I used to play it, unfortunately stopped because the game is just not going anywhere, they hardly have any support because the team is completely dedicated to Lord of Ultima.

I have 5 Battleforge boxes next to me. >_>

Why?

Because $9.99 = 1,000 BFP.

While 1 box is only $5-$10 and they give you 3,000 BFP as well as a deck for each element.. You can literally find bargain bins with this game in them for $5.

And that's what the economy is based off of, these retail boxes. =]
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    I have played it a long time ago, its pretty fun i just lost interest with no one to play:(
  • daphz
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    I have played it a long time ago, its pretty fun i just lost interest with no one to play:(

same here
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message
    the only thing i dislike is purchasing the cards etc :P
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Got bored pretty quickly after i built a half decent deck. Jug' firedancer and firessworn plus the inbetweens. After that well not much more fun :(

I did squeeze a good 20-30 hours out of it so, its a good game.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe I should've asked before spending 20 bux on it for BF points :(

Oh well, but the game is good for me so far. :)
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    Maybe I should've asked before spending 20 bux on it for BF points :(

Oh well, but the game is good for me so far. :)

I may download it, but im not sure ill play it tons.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    The game is just over powered when it comes to pvp because everyone is at the higher rank. So either you stand no chance against them or you do if you find the orbs quick enough to build your forces.

If you ever download it or anything you can add me up "Nitewalkr"