Home Unreal Engine

smoothing group fbx importing problem

Hello, I have some meshes from Maya in fbx format. A friend who wants to import it into unreal development kit got error: 2czdbvm.jpg

and for one object

n4wkmf.jpg

Ayone had any similar experiences or should know what is the problem?

thanks

Julian

Replies

• Darktrooper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've had the smoothing groups issue when trying to import fbx files from blender, but I'm still learning to use blender so that may not be much help. I remember seeing someone posting on the UDK forums about a similar issue with fbx files but they were supposed to of had fixed that.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I was getting those errors last night, the normals looked wrong when I used the model viewer but once I placed the asset in the scene it looked correct. I'll do some more experimenting tonight.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    Check your FBX export settings in Maya first of all obviously. I know with 3dsMax 2009, I had to download the latest FBX exporter from the Autodesk website to get it working right.
    For your second error, check how your second UV set looks, it's just a warning though, you can ignore it if you're not planning on baking lightmaps (but it's cleaner and recommended you delete your second UV set in that case).