Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

new portfolio site

So i'm getting ready right now to apply for internships/jobs and just put up a new portfolio site. I still have some changes i'm going to make but thought i'd throw it up here and get people's thoughts. thanks!

ryanjmetcalf.com

also... anyone have suggestions on good internships to apply for? i have a list of places i'm going to apply but am always looking for more.

Replies

• megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Hi!
    Love your works! You're also really lucky to being able to work on Disney's Epic Mickey! :)
    One thing I would change is your banner at the top (your name).
    I know it's a design purpose but at the first look, it's hard to see the "R" and the "F" clearly.
    Maybe just reduce a bit to fill on the yellow spot would be perfect!
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    i think the banner in general is a bit large. i would scale it back and include both your "title" (ie 3d Character Artist) and your email. also i kind of agree about the title text being difficult to read on the ends, but just scale the text back a bit and the problems solved

other than that i think its a really clean site and you have some good work. i really liked your mini dom war entry, it came out great. good luck on the internship/job search