Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Pyro Charcter for Primal Carnage

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
antonkoz polycounter lvl 6
Hello Polycount :),

Today I want to share with you a new character model I created for Lukewarm Media's upcoming "Primal Carnage" title http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/. This on is a "Pyro" character class somewhat like the one in TF2 but with a different attitude. Eventually this character will also have a flamethrower as his main weapon, for now it's just whiskey :P I hope you all like it. Thank you.

7461 Tris, 2048 textures for head and body

PyroWeb1.jpg

PyroWeb5.jpg

PyroWeb3.jpg

PyroWeb2.jpg

PyroWebTextures.jpg

PyroWire.jpg

Pyro1.jpg

Pyro7.jpg

Replies

• Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Legs are seeming quite short for a realistic character unless he was meant to be dwarfed.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    Cooljay wrote: »
    Legs are seeming quite short for a realistic character unless he was meant to be dwarfed.

i think it is less the lentgh of the legs and more where the knees are.

@antonkoz generally i like the character but the knees do seem kinda low, this is one where i would love to see the animations for and the hear the voice acting for, he makes me think of a truckers from the southern states or a Albertan oil pig.

but stereotypes are good in games and short films since you don't exactly have time to develop people so i would defiantly go all out for one of those feels.

also what matcap were you using for the render at the bottom i like how nicely it brings out small details.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ passerby

Yeah I think you're right on that one
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cooljay wrote: »
    @ passerby

Yeah I think you're right on that one

ya if he raised the knees/kneepads and gave him a belt i think the legs would look right.
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The personality suggests to me that he'll be more of a Mr Blonde. type with a mix of Irish roots
  • antonkoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks guys for those suggestions, I will look into them. It may actually be the focal length of the camera, but I will see to make sure.

@passerby: The matcap, in case you're interested, is dj_mutation for pixologic's material library, with framer01 overlayed on top of it in Photoshop with 75% opacity to bring out the detail.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    antonkoz wrote: »
    Hey thanks guys for those suggestions, I will look into them. It may actually be the focal length of the camera, but I will see to make sure.

@passerby: The matcap, in case you're interested, is dj_mutation for pixologic's material library, with framer01 overlayed on top of it in Photoshop with 75% opacity to bring out the detail.

ah thanks hope to see more stuff dont with the charcter,

for the weapons are you going more for a stock flamethrower or something that looks more like it was made and customized by the character?

and thanks for the matcap i just made one similar it's works pretty good.
  • antonkoz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome, passerby, I'm glad the material can help you out.

As for the flamethrower, you'll just have to see ;) but it won't be a real life one. As with all of our weapons we aim to suit the characters so everything is fictional, but functional, that is really the idea.
  • Urbanmelon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Urbanmelon polycounter lvl 7
    I think that another thing that makes him look short aside from the low knees is that his pelvis is too low.

What happens to people with beer bellies is that their stomach flops over their pelvis. The pelvis should be behind the stomach fat roll. You've made it start under the stomach and not behind it. Just imagine him as a athletic guy with a flat stomach, and you'll see right away that his torso is too long.