Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-fi/Steampunk/Manga Character WIP

heres my original character from a comic im working on, i decided to sculpt him out sence hes a sci-fi style character, the sculptures sill sitting there and its not done so i took a shot at zBrush and it was wayy easier than in real life sculpting :) but its killing me, lotsa work >_<; but its a WIP
ZbrushProject900.jpg
the last one on the right was done for testing purposes so i can see if im going in the right direction

Replies

• haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    One thing that stands out to me is that the concept has a feminine feel to it (whether or not it actually is female), but the sculpt feels masculine. Throwing in actual eyeballs to sculpt around might help to.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I think you missed the direction.

The overall head shape is headed in the right direction, but the musculature layout and all the features are off.
    You've also interpreted a shadeing line as a geometric divot.

Eyes should be more square, nose is too pronounced and masculine, lips are also too masculine. Distance from chin to lower lip is too large, cheekbones fall off really oddly, ears are the wrong shape. Jawline needs to come up more at the end near the ear. Neck muscles and shoulder girdle are far too pronounced and thick..

and you've chosen a rather difficult thing to make. :) The anatomy is very stylized in that first pic.