Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jacqueline Celestia - (3d female character)

An OC, Jacqueline Celestia. This is the first entry for a new (3d) character art portfolio I'm beginning to piece together. On to the next character... Thanks for viewing and your input.

Programs:
► Adobe Photoshop, ► Autodesk Maya, ► Marmoset Toolbag, ► Pixologic ZBrush

3dart02_1.jpg
3dart02_2.jpg
3dart02_3.jpg
3dart02_4.jpg
3dart02_5.jpg
3dart02_6.jpg
3dart02_7.jpg

Replies

• DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    Good modeling, good texturing, nice character concept overall but very boring. The colors are very clean and her pose is very blah, give her some grime, seeing as she is a warrior based off of her holding weapons she needs to show that she knows how to fight, this looks more like a guard of a high imperial or something like that, someone who knows not the ways of fighting. You have a slightly ripped look to her cloth on the bra area as if to say she's been in a scuffle but that's the only tearing I see, and it's very clean tearing, as if she roughed it up to try and look cool.

This character could go a long way with a little dirtying is all i'm saying :) Still great work!
  • HAL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    I dont agree with DDuckworth here, modeling looks nice and clean, pose is ok as well, in addition the colors fit to the character pretty nicely, whats the problem with too clean colors Oo
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    I also disagree. I'm so sick of seeing grime and torn stuff on characters like no one takes care of their gear.

Modeling is well done, but I will agree that the skin is a little too monotone overall. She does bring that airbrushed supermodel look, but without the benefit of a skin shader, she looks a bit plastic.
    nicely done overall.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    The hair and face look clean and fresh...though there is something going on with the calves that bothers me.. And I don't know why. Kinda thick.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    Overall its a good piece. Though I think the armor could use some more work as far as the material is concerned. Right now its feeling flat compared to the rest. I'd try a darker diffuse color and some more detail work in the spec map. If your using a relection map I'd bump it up a tad as well.
  • ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    Excellent modeling and texture work on this piece. I do think you should do something different with the pose. Someone said something about the calves..I kind of have that same feeling now that I really look at them. They seem too thick based on her figure but then again look right compared to her thighs.
  • ivanushka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your input! DDuckworth, She's more of a "guard of some higher order", however in certain situations might benefit from a grime pass you're right. In this particular case, I wanted to present her in a cleaner form, with a few tatters, rusts, tears here and there only.

The next character I'm in the planning stages with right now will be perfect for dirtying up, however. I'm thinking either an adventurer or cowboy.
  • ivanushka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan!, I might have to play some more with the armor, thanks.