Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Swanson's Automated Barber Shop

Hi Guys,

I've been hanging around on the polycount forums for a while now and decided it was finally time to post some of my own work.

I've been working on this piece for a while now. It's a science fiction themed barber shop. It's meant to be slightly futuristic, yet designed with the traditional 50's Americana style in-mind. I intend to also model part of the street around the shop, and the interior that can be seen through the front window. Inside will be a few 'barber-bots' mounted on tracks on the ceiling. The service is fully automated, gents only and 24 hour. When finished, I'd like it to look kind of run down, and fairly poorly maintained (flickering neon signage and graffiti etc). This is the current high-poly model so far. Eventually it's all going to get baked as normals onto a low-poly version, textured and assembled in UDK.

Thanks for checking out the thread and feel free to let me know what you think. All crits tips and general thoughts are welcome. But please be gentle, I'm new! Haven't been doing this stuff for very long..

Swanson's Automated Barber Shop:

Swansons.jpg

Replies