Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Violin Character Progress Critique

Ugh... After I finish fixing my crappy character that I previously worked on, I'm planning to work on my second character: A violinist.

Critiques are welcomed. I think I should probably get my concept art critiqued before putting a bunch of work in my character only to find out the concept was boring as hell.

- Should I change the character's clothing? Color theme? What would make the character more interesting? Is his color too bland?

- I fail at sculpting, but I'm going to try my hardest, critique the face. I want the face to look like Noctis-like

MCV_005.jpg
Mugshot_001A.jpgProfile_001A.jpg

Replies

• Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The concept is very beautiful, though I have a bit of a problem with a Violinist having such big skull crushing boots on they seem out of place.

First thing about sculpting the head is you should try to find a real life person whom looks like the concept you have in your head and get as many reference photos as possible. Even if you are going for a stylized look you still should work from real life reference.

And at this point you should not have the head in zbrush or mudbox yet. You still need to add ears and have the basic shape match a little better to (Your now real life) references. Also if you have any triangles I suggest you fix them too. Both Zbrush and mudbox don't like them too much and they will end up hurting you in the sculpting process.
  • benmerrick3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    benmerrick3d polycounter lvl 12
    I love the design of the violin, looks really interesting!