Home› Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: galloPinto

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
galloPinto polycounter lvl 7
Hello, I'm new to polycount and wanted to present some of my work for critique/advice and to see my progress as an artist. My aim is to become good at concepting characters in a variety of styles.
I'm comfortable with 2D, but have been working on branching into 3D. At the moment I don't know much about game art. But I'm hoping to learn.

Here is some of my 2D work and a 3D character I've been working on in Mudbox. Thanks! :)

caricature1.jpg

caricature2.jpg

caricature3.jpg

caricature4.jpg

jeremy.jpg

I think my boyfriend looks like a goat^ :poly124:

character1.jpg

character2.jpg

character2_1.jpg

character2_4.jpg

strange%20couple.jpg

monster%20woman.jpg

front_persp.jpg

back_persp.jpg

EDIT: I re-sized and reloaded the images so they could load faster.

back_persp.jpg

Replies

• Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Theres not much here that I don't like. Really cool style :)
  • wake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wake polycounter lvl 17
    I second Robat, you've got some fun stuff here. What I would recommend is that you spend some time with traditional, realistic anatomy,

A) because we could all do with more of that, and
    B) because while most are good, a few of your characters (particularly the last female) are a little gumbyish, just an odd lack of structure in certain areas, like the positioning of those legs in the walking woman.

Otherwise, you've got a really fun style, so I'd like to see what you can do with some of this stuff in color.
  • galloPinto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Robat- Thank-you!

@wake- Yeah, I plan on doing more anatomy studies and going to more life drawing sessions. It's been a while.
    I'll post those as I progress. :D

Digital painting is something I want to practice as well so you might see some in color! ;) Thank-you for your critique.
  • galloPinto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! It's been a long few months but I've been working on my life drawing and digital painting as suggested. It was great to get back into it. :)
    They're done in photoshop using an online site as reference for figure models.

life%20drawing.jpg

life%20drawing2.jpg

life%20drawing3.jpg

And some digital paintings. Lotta patience with this.

apple.jpg

And I'm still working on this onion.

onion.jpg

Any critiques and comments are welcome.
  • galloPinto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more life drawing. These lean more toward pinup stuff. I have to work on face structure and hands more.

Examples.jpg
    Examples.jpg
    final_.jpg
    Focused on one and colored it. Pretty fun. I might do the same with the others, but maybe try more of a realistically shaded look. We'll see.

final_.jpg
  • galloPinto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working on caricatures a lot and coloring them in. I focused on one and am trying to work on values and blending.

caricatures2.jpg

sketches2.jpg

4x5_exaggerated2.jpg

5x7_cristina_caricature2.jpg

5x7_donald_caricature2.jpg

emily_haines.jpg