Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alleyway - need help!

I modeled this alleyway a couple quarters ago , and lost the textures
so i want to re-do it now, since ive learned so much. But before i start texturing i was wondering if i could get some feedback on the model.

alleyrender.jpg

Replies

• Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Typically, in order to receive feedback, you must first let us see your work...

Maybe its just on my end, but I'm not getting anything in the form of renders or screengrabs coming through.

Where are you hosting your images from?
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
    there is no image @_@
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    I extracted this from the broken image...
    What he posted wasn't the actual image, but a link to the image, which is why it didn't work in the image tag.
    alleyrender.jpg
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    Ah ok, thanks.

Scene looks interesting. Some wireframes would be helpful tho to better judge the actual modeling, but like I said the composition looks pretty cool.

Conceptually, that walkway in the upper midground leads to a wall? I find that kind of odd. and then I'm wondering what that y-shaped pipe jutting out of the wall is for, but I do like all the criss-crossing elements here.

What plans do you have for the back ground?

oh, and if I came off a little douchey in that first reply, sorry bout that, lol. It was meant to be in jest.

I look forward to seeing what you do with this.
  • rettich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sorry about the first post being broken! my bad.

ahh your right! the door is gone.. i modeled an arch doorway to be there.. it apparently ran away! haha thanks for noticing that :)

im gonna do some improvements on it, and ill post new shots, with wireframe.